Remembering those reusable shopping bags
We all know how important it is to bring reusable bags to the grocery store, but even those of us with the greenest possible intentions forget them sometimes.
Here are some tips to help you remember...
- For women who carry purses, keep a few in your purse. Some (not all) scrunch up pretty well. ChicoBags are perfect for this. They fold up easily and they don't take up too much space. They also can hook up to a keychain!
- Keep them by your jackets and shoes so you remember to grab them on the way out.
- Leave a few in your car, but make sure you keep them clean. "Researchers say that the high temperatures inside your car will only promote the growth of bacteria," says Nicole from Daily Spark.
- Put up a small post-it by your front door as a reminder.
- If you have a garage, keep them on some hooks near where you park your car.
- Walk to the grocery store. We don't all have this option, but I find that it's much easier for me to remember to bring my reusable bags if I'm going to the store by foot. They're easier to carry and you can fit more groceries, too! (Plus, no need to use gas!)
How do you remember to bring your reusable grocery bags to the store?